South Carolina Real Estate Education Requirements:
- South Carolina real estate salesperson license: 90 hours (60-hour unit I sales course and 30-hour unit II advanced real estate principles course) Note: Those with a law degree or a four-year baccalaureate degree from a higher education institution with a major in real estate do not have to take these prelicense courses.
- South Carolina real estate broker license: 60 additional hours
South Carolina State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
South Carolina currently has reciprocal agreements with Georgia and West Virginia. Applicants from these states must:
- Be a resident of the reciprocal state from which they are applying
- Have taken the written exam in the reciprocal state from which they are applying
- Maintain an active license in the reciprocal state from which they are applying
- Upload a certification of licensure from the real estate regulatory authority where any current or previous license was held within the last five years
A nonresident broker license may not be granted to an applicant unless that applicant is affiliated with a resident or nonresident broker in charge licensed by the South Carolina real estate commission. A nonresident broker has the option of applying for a Broker in Charge designation by supplying the name of the real estate company they will operate and the location of the company. If a nonresident licensee who receives a South Carolina license by reciprocity becomes a resident, they need to notify the Real Estate Commission of a change in residency within 60 days of the change of address.
South Carolina Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in South Carolina must renew their real estate licenses every two years by June 30
- Licensees must complete 8 hours of real estate CE, including 4 hours of core education
- The 4-hour core course for this renewal cycle is TRID Safely
AgentFactor and OnCourse Learning Real Estate’s top priority is our student’s success. Our online real estate school empowers aspiring real estate agents to take their learning experience to the next level by delivering engaging online educational content so you can continue your career in real estate with the right tools. We ensure our Nevada continuing education real estate courses are always cost effective and convenient — making OnCourse Learning your prime choice for online real estate CE! Get started today and maintain your real estate license using our: Interested in advancing your career by upgrading your license or by getting a real estate license in another state? Feel free to browse our online real estate license course catalog to see what courses we offer in your state of interest.
- Arello approved real estate pre-licensing, continuing education and post-licensing online courses that are up-to-date and compliant with state approved material which satisfies the Nevada real estate continuing education requirements.
- Guaranteed Sucess using exam prep tools guaranteed to help you pass your real estate license exam
- 40+ years of real estate education experience and student support that is unparalleled in the industry.
- We’ve helped over 750,000 real estate, appraisers and home inspection professionals successfully begin and advance their careers.