Learn about the Massachusetts real estate education needs for licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation – Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons
Massachusetts Real Estate License Requirements:
- Massachusetts real estate salesperson license: 40 hours
- Massachusetts real estate broker license: 40 hours
Massachusetts State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Massachusetts has reciprocal relationships with the following states: Connecticut, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Nebraska, Iowa, Tennessee, Mississippi, Colorado, Georgia, Pennsylvania and New Mexico. Additionally, salespersons and brokers who have been licensed for two years in Oklahoma have complete reciprocity, as do brokers licensed for two years in New York.
Licensees from New Hampshire (both salespersons and brokers) must apply for an educational waiver that allows the applicant to take only the Massachusetts State portion of the examination without completing the Massachusetts prelicense education. Maine brokers who have been licensed for three years and active salespersons from all other states must apply for the educational waiver as well.
Massachusetts Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Massachusetts need to renew their real estate licenses every two years from the date of the licensee’s birthday
- Massachusetts requires 12 hours of real estate CE
- All of these hours are electives, however Massachusetts’ Board of Registration specifies the appropriate elective topics
AgentFactor and OnCourse Learning Real Estate’s top priority is our student’s success. Our online real estate school empowers aspiring real estate agents to take their learning experience to the next level by delivering engaging online educational content so you can continue your career in real estate with the right tools. We ensure our Nevada continuing education real estate courses are always cost effective and convenient — making OnCourse Learning your prime choice for online real estate CE! Get started today and maintain your real estate license using our: Interested in advancing your career by upgrading your license or by getting a real estate license in another state? Feel free to browse our online real estate license course catalog to see what courses we offer in your state of interest.
- Arello approved real estate pre-licensing, continuing education and post-licensing online courses that are up-to-date and compliant with state approved material which satisfies the Nevada real estate continuing education requirements.
- Guaranteed Sucess using exam prep tools guaranteed to help you pass your real estate license exam
- 40+ years of real estate education experience and student support that is unparalleled in the industry.
- We’ve helped over 750,000 real estate, appraisers and home inspection professionals successfully begin and advance their careers.